I've never used one in my camera but I  was curious enough to see if I could put one I had into the adapter to see if it would fit and function in the K-5II it did both.

I suppose you could use one if you really wanted to.

Personally I already think the physical SD card format is too small.  I've grown to accept them, but I still worry that it's too easy to lose one when changing them in the field, the Micro SD cards work I'd worry even more.