On Jan 20, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

> Also, all software & drivers... which unfortunately won't work with
> modern operating systems (at least in the Microsoft world - don't know
> about Mac). I've been using it with VueScan with great results.

IIRC Minolta got out of the scanner business before Apple went to Intel.

As it's USB you should be able to use it with an old OS in a virtual machine on
modern hardware.  My experience with USB devices on Virtualbox is that it was a
bit fiddly to set up but it worked very well.

Your other choices are Vuescan, or an old machine (PPC Mac or Windows).  I had
to keep old hardware as my scanner is Firewire.

Cheers,
Dave