I thought the company was some sort of a franchise with a few local outlets, but upon digging, I've found that it is a well-established outlet with one office and a studio in Austin, and just contact phones (look like cell phones) in 5 more Texas cities, including Houston (covering Eastern, Central and a portion of Western Texas, but not North Texas), and seemingly no studios/offices in those cities.

So, I suspect there are local photographers who are employed by the "head office" to take photographs at school-age organizations, and probably some regional home-office-based coordinators who are answering calls and providing some customer service.

The ordering is done via standardized printed forms (and some reordering
can be done online). I suspect that printing and order handling is done from the central office.
So, I don't know what the photographer gets.

The company seem to have established relations to schools in many ISDs throughout large portion of Texas, as well as children sport clubs and outlets. (From my experience, schools and kid-sport outlets are very conservative and do not tend to shop around.)

They have a few standard scenarios with schools.
With our school it works as follows:
They require parents to preorder the group photo.
(Actually they push "packages", including mugs, magnets, etc. with
the option of 8x10 for $13 buried deep.)
On the Picture Day, they take group photos and individual photos.
Then they send an order form with two individual photo thumbnails (2x3)
on it.
With some other schools they require pre-orders of the individual photos.

The prints aren't cheap (and I understand that the "session fee" is
built-in into the packages price).
For these individual photos, the cheapest "package" that includes a 5"x7" (two of them, and then a few smaller ones) is $31. A package that includes an 8"x10" (one) and a bunch of smaller ones is $46. The individual photos (as far as I can tell from the crappy 2x3 "proof"/thumbnail), a head shot, and a 2/3 of a body shot, seem to be of a reasonable quality in our case.

Here is a more generic order from for a different school that I've found
online that gives an impression of their package pricing:
https://www.fortbendisd.com/cms/lib/TX01917858/Centricity/Domain/7977/Photo%20Texas%20Fall%20Order%20Form.pdf
http://www.santaannaisd.net/userfiles/19/my%20files/picture%20forms/doc080116-08012016124701.pdf?id=167

Most of Yelp reviews are negative:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/photo-texas-photography-austin-3
They seem to over-promise and under-deliver. But the quality of service
varies, most likely depending on the local photographer and his/her skills and ethics.

Ghm.. I see that, indeed the photographers aren't paid much (at least one of them: $15/hr), - according to Glassdoor:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Photo-Texas-Photography-Reviews-E886139.htm

Well... Paul, your question was helpful in finding the answer to mine.

Igor