Fred wrote:

>I just had this thought cross my mind, though:  Wouldn't it be sad
>if 2002 passed without anything really special to celebrate about
>from Pentax itself?  Hmmm...

Yes, it would be sad and quite frankly a bit strange as Pentax usually
commemorate such events. They even celebrated the 20th anniversary of the
LX with a black titanium version. The 60th Asahi anniversary with the
original LX. Their 75th anniversary with the Limited edition Z-1 and a
silver titanium LX. The year 2000 with a Limited finished LX. The 10
million sold slr with a gold edition of the LX.
Therefore, I certainly think Pentax will commemorate  the 50th anniversary
for the Asahiflex; the 50th anniversary for japanese slr production and 50
years of Pentax slr production. This is quite an event. Lets hope they will
make a new version of the LX.

Pål