Fred wrote:

>. . . and not just a "special edition" LX (i.e., another
>different-color, re-badged LX - as much as I love the LX, it does
>Pentax NO good to produce another collector's version of the LX),
>but a true, state-of-the-art, rugged, pro or semi-pro body that
>would be the modern equivalent of the LX.

A new special edition of the LX is highly unlikely as the production of the
LX has ceased and because certain electronic components for the LX are no
longer available.
A worse case scenario, apart from the nothing whatsoever scenario, I guess
is a "Limited" anniversary model of the MZ-S. However, if Pentax have
anything up their sleeves, then now it's the time to release it.
How about the culmination of 50 years of production of film based slr's?
Lets hope that the wish for making an LX with AF is acceptable for the
marketing people as well; not only the engineers.

Pål