I hate to tell you Dave, but if you're using Facebook, you're beyond help.  Not only is Facebook unethical with user data, but their untallented developers seem to be mainly good at getting in each others way.  I'll bet that the changes were only tested on the Facebook mobile App, because well FB doesn't own any browsers so they're not important.