Nicholas van Rijn & Dominic Flandery (aka "Flandry of Terra").

On 3/9/2018 12:33, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

That's quite a story!

But I should admit, despite having swallowed tons of sci-fi books as
a teenager and post-teenager, I had to look up Poul Anderson.

I am not sure if I just missed the name or his books as well... However, The Snows of Ganymede and Virgin Planet sound familiar...

Being a kid, I always felt that all great writers lived long time
ago. That feeling continued for a while into adulthood. Around
1995-96, I was surprised to meet Ray Bradbury, one of my favorite
sci-fi writers (and writers in general) during his visit to
Urbana-Champaign, IL. I thought he had been long gone by that time.

Igor