This morning I turned on my desktop computer and discovered that my DELL 24" cinematic display had become non compos mentis.  I assume that there's a fault in it's poor little logic board since everything seems to work but nothing seems to work together.  I'm now forced to fall back on my current backup which is a 19" LCD in 4:3 aspect ratio that was old when I acquired it a couple of years ago.  It's only saving grace is that it seems to be made out of titanium compared to the now probably defunct 24" unit, it's beyond rational repair, which hurts my Yankee soul, I could probably buy a nice upgrade for the cost of repair parts, if they were available, let alone having a competent tech actually install said parts.

I suppose I could use this as an excuse to try to get the NEC repaired, even today nothing could beat it's color depth, but the guy I know who still repairs CRT's gave me this thing because he didn't have time to work on it when it's power circuits flaked out, said to remind him to look at it, the NEC, in a couple of years when he might have more time.

    - P.J. O'Rourke