does using another email client other than thunderbird work?
jco

On Sat, 05 May 2018 05:11:52 -0400, Dale H. Cook <radiot...@plymouthcolony.net> wrote:

At 03:36 AM 5/5/2018, P. J. Alling wrote:

This is decidedly strange. I'm suddenly no longer able to retrieve my messages from the gmail pop server using Thunderbird.

Does Thunderbird have an error log that you can check? I just tried a test send to all three of my Gmail addresses (I have more than two dozen email addresses through four servers - don't ask why unless you want to hear another boring story) and Eudora is throwing a "connection timed out" error from the POP server for all three. I am investigating.

Dale H. Cook, 50+ years as an SLR photographer,
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm lens, using
colored filters for B&W gravestone photography

--
J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net