Just an FYI:

I was still considering upgrading my K1 to the 'II' level, for better high-ISO
performance
better AF-tracking and the 'handheld' pixel-shift.

I don't like the hassle/risk of sending it in (to Germany, from the
Netherlands) though.

Now, reading the review, it seems that the 'better' high ISO is achieved mainly
by adding noise reduction in the new accelarator chip, at the expense of detail.
(quite visible in small printed text for example).

So I will probably skip the update and save 500 Euros as well :)

I will wait for the next model, with newer sensor technology, and just enjoy
the K1 until then!

Regards, JvW