Hey Paul, if you buy Amazon Market Place stuff you will receive "Open
Box Items, Returns or other such less than NEW items".

Amazon is NOTORIOUS for this however much they "Apologize".

There is no excuse from them if you purchased New Items. Putting a
Shipping Sticker on the original Pentax Lens Box is SACRILEGE and
bound to shake loose the innards of the lens.

I received a new Lens from Amazon India, packed in a huge corrugated
carton with inflated pillow packs and bubble wrap inside. But I did
take some time to phone in to Amazon in advance.

Enjoy your new baby as it is a fine lens, though a bit heavy for old
farts like me.

Regards.
Bipin
from the silicon valley of India Bangalore and the US Belmont