At 04:53 PM 5/21/2018, John wrote:

That's why, whenever possible, I prefer to buy local. Fortunately for me, I have a Pentax dealer nearby.

I do as well. I actually have one Pentax dealer in the valley and another about 50 miles away. They can sell me Pentax lenses, as well as a wide variety of other photographic equipment, for about the same price I would pay online, and occasionally I can buy something from them for a bit less than I would pay online. I like supporting my local dealers and I get to play with the hardware, such as trying a lens on my body, before committing to buying it.

Most of what I buy online is nickel-and dime stuff.

Dale H. Cook, many years as 35mm SLR photographer,
now Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-
around lens or SMC Pentax-A 50mm/f2 lens