John - yes - winter to summer... some folk just go right to the image without reading my hyperbole :-) I don't know where the "/" stuff came from ... in another reply to Jack post I cleaned it up...
I think it was thunderbird being weird on top of my terrible typing.

To complete an answer to Subash -  Pentax LX as mentioned but the lens was a 70-210 zoom, not the 300  prime.. I also said I took the shot on the Dempster  in the Yukon- and while we did photo ptarmigans at a picnic stop along that route, I also photo'ed on on the Denali Highway - and I think that is where I took this guy...   want to dig a bit to find others/different and
possibly re scan a different shot.

ann