We were in Amsterdam for a meeting with ABN Amro bank. In the lobby of their HQ
was a full-size portrait of a grand woman. I made a flippant comment about it -
I can't remember what. The air turned frosty and one of the people said,
offendedly, "That is our queen".

Somehow we managed to lighten the atmosphere and everything went well, but I
had definitely made a faux pas.