On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:49 AM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Frankly, Larry, your choice of subject, focal distance, AND display would
> not show any of these advantages, even with the lens I mentioned.

Re-reading this, I sound less friendly than I intended so I apologize.

I guess that related to what I am trying to say is that if you have a
nut to loosen there are multiple tools that might be employed to do
the job (crescent wrench, open end wrench, box end wrench, combination
wrench (using either the box or open end side), rachet wrench, nut
driver, socket set, or even a vise grip. Which one you CAN use in any
given situation is going to depend on things like how much space you
have to operate in; and it is going to RESULT in things like how long
it takes to get the job done (with some methods faster than others).

I think photography is kind of the same way. The tool we use
camera/format/sensor size/lens focal length/lens aperture/etc are all
sort of like that choice of tools to loosen a nut. But sometimes we
just look at all cameras as a hammer and then we look at every
imagemaking opportunity as a nail. Thinking about what a particular
camera/lens/sensor size/focal length/aperture brings to the final
image (as opposed to using a different tool) is part of the challenge
of getting better than average images.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above