In 1964 my flight instructor managed a camera store in Madison, WI.  He sold me a Honeywell branded Pentax H1a for $150 and I financed it at $10 a month.  It was a real step up from my previous camera - an Argus C-3.

-p

On 7/19/2018 2:48 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
I got my first SLR, an Asahi Pentax back in 1969 and they had been around for
awhile then.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: My first roll of film in a Pentax in decades

Interesting.  When I had my Pentax 6X7, the image quality was outstanding.
Mostly, however, I made contacts and then had enlargement printed.  I had
only 2 lenses for it, both primes.

Did you really mean to say you had been using DSLR cameras for 45 years?  I
didn't think they have been around that long.

Dan Matyola