Reading the lens reviews in Pentax forums, I came across an interesting lens I just had to buy as the cost is absurdly low (under $45 shipped ). It also has the distinction of being the smallest zoom lens Pentax ever made ( it's barely larger than a F50mm F1.4 ). And it has a built in macro mode which gives a usable 1:4 magnification @ 70mm. It has an aperture ring with the "A" setting for autoexposure on DSLRs and AF too.

What lens am I referring to? The smc Pentax-F 35-70mm F3.5-F4.5 I call it a "People" lens on a crop sensor as the equiv. focal range is 53-105mm, perfect for full body shots or small groups to individuals and head shot portraits. Ideal for an all in one family portrait lens.

While I havent done extensive critical testing yet, initial snapshots show outstanding sharpness and contrast throughout the range, very minor and easily correctable CA, and no PF to speak of, at least stopped down a little. AF is snappy and accurate, even indoors on my K-5IIs. No distortion even at 35mm.

As an example of the typical sharpness, Ive posted a macro pic:

https://www.jchriso.com/temp/35-70macro,jpg

--
J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net