Thanks Jostein

Jostein wrote on 9/19/18 12:33 AM:
Congratulations on the sale!
After looking at all four of them I see your point about pasting in shadow detail from the first in the other. However I think I like best the version you showed her originally. The deeper shadows makes the image more brooding, which I think fits the scene better.

Interesting feedback. I think that you would like the first one that I printed on metal which I feel was overdarkened. The combination was just using lightroom's hdr, although I did use the adjustment brush to lighten shadows a bit more.

On screen, that is. -Which version did you print?

She liked this version. She thinks that in the other ones, where the water has flowed more, the added reflections of the sunlight distract from the sun, which she does really like. I'll also note that in this one, without quite so much flow of water, the shape of the water seems to do a better job of drawing the eye back around.

In the two HDR versions there is also a bit more detail in the bright orange around the sun. They aren't quite so posterized

Jostein

PS. Interesting concept for mounting and hanging by Xpozer.