On 10/14/2018 5:38 AM, mike wilson wrote:
On 14 October 2018 at 00:30 "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/13/2018 9:31 AM, mike wilson wrote:
On 13 October 2018 at 13:43 Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

It's a misprint of dévot. They were a kind of hard-right Catholic puritan
cabal, most notably the Company of the Holy Sacrament, of 17th-century France,
with a fanatical devotion to Pope, who took it upon themselves to guarantee the
doctrinal purity of France in the face of Protestantism and Jansenism.

Leica purists insist that a modern-day dévot accompany each camera sold, to
ensure the purity and correctness of its use.

This from the birthplace of Protestantism?  What is the world coming to?  Next
it will be Italian cars with accessories nailed to them.
Doesn't that describe the Soviet produced version of the FIAT 124?

I thought it was more a left-field description of one of the (alleged) actions
of Martin Luther near the beginning of the reformation.

At least the Russian versions of the FIATs did not have rust holes in the
showroom - seen with my own eyes.

So what you're saying is that the Soviets made better FIATs that the Italians did...

On the other hand I was staying away from the Leica discussion because I don't discuss other peoples religions...

    - P.J. O'Rourke