On 10/14/2018 1:20 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

P. J. Alling wrote on 10/14/18 9:48 AM:

On 10/14/2018 5:38 AM, mike wilson wrote:
On 14 October 2018 at 00:30 "P. J. Alling"

At least the Russian versions of the FIATs did not have rust holes in the showroom - seen with my own eyes.

So what you're saying is that the Soviets made better FIATs that the Italians did...

About 30 years ago I was chatting with some folks at a party about unreliable cars.  They were very happy that they had finally sold their FIAT and bought a new car.  I congratulated them and said the only thing worse than a FIAT was a YUGO, which was just a FIAT built by communists. Guess what they had just bought.

On the other hand I was staying away from the Leica discussion because I don't discuss other peoples religions...

I never really thought of a red dot as stigmata before.

And now you do, I think my work is done here.

    - P.J. O'Rourke