On 26/10/18, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I think the notion is too broad. Film or digital is irrelevant: I want
>my Leica M to feel and work like a Leica M always did. That's much more
>specific and concrete. It's not how my Nikon F felt and works, nor my
>Rolleiflex EX, etc. A Leica M from 1953 to the first Leica digital M
>always felt pretty much the same. The M8 and M9 series lost a lot of the
>responsiveness, regained in the typ 240 going forward. All the digital
>models but for the M Edition 60, the M-D, and this new M10-D have a
>different feel because of the LCD and all the buttons on the back that
>my fingers have to work their way around: these three models, with those
>unnecessary bits absent, now feel like a Leica M always did, to me.

Interesting points.

One of the things I like about my Oly Pen F is that it is so reminiscent in
size and feel to my Pentax MXs of yesteryear.

I know this should not be important but actually the familiarity is quite
pleasant, really. Much like the 'feel' of your Leica M is effectively recreated
in the more modern digital examples. You obviously prefer that - familiarity?

The Fujis have this 'familiarity' also. Heft and metal. I don't prefer
lightweight cameras with lots of plastic.

I suppose I would be a good Leica customer but I'd rather spend my hard-earned
crust pouring diesel into my Land Rover, or saving for the day when I can buy
myself a boat.

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice :-D

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    UK Shoot / Edit and