On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 7:42 AM Jostein Øksne <p...@alunfoto.no> wrote:

> This saving in Affinity, Bruce...
> It reads to me like the problem has two components and I'm a little confused
> about what's what.
> For starters, you configured Affinity as an external editor in LR, right?

Right.

> Then you invoked Affinity from LR, which makes LR create a TIFF that is
> opened in Affinity. Hope I'm still on track.

Correct. Still on track. :-)

> Then, when you finished the edit in Affinity, I imagine you saved the TIFF as
> is.

Yup. I save the Affinity-edited version.

> Here are the things I haven't quite figured out yet...
>
> Did the the saved edit of the TIFF then show in LR? If not, could the preview
> be refreshed to show it?

Yes, it appears in the Lr Library as expected.

> And about the layers... Did Affinity preserve layers in the saved file?

No, it doesn't, and that's the essential problem.
Affinity cannot create a layered TIFF like Photoshop. It flattens the
TIFF so all your intermediate editing steps -- the layers -- are gone
forever.

As one reviewer pointed out you can save the edited file separately
from within Affinity as a proprietary Affinity file but Lightroom
can't manage that as an asset, so it can (and will likely) go astray.

> Jostein the slow learner...

That I doubt. :-)

--
-bmw