Godfrey, okay: strike "regular Lightroom user". I really meant
"regular Lightroom user who uses Photoshop extensively as an external
editor" anyway.

But Jostein was looking for a replacement for Photoshop as an external
editor for Lightroom, presumably to do more than just add a border.

I suggest that as it does not save the full state of the file,
Affinity fails to meet that criteria. If flattening the TIFF is not an
issue, then Affinity may well be fine for him, and others.

And yes, I did indeed decide to stick with using Photoshop in my
workflow. I went ahead and upgraded to CC after many years of waiting
for somebody to come up with a usable (for me) alternative to Adobe's
stuff.

--
-bmw