My son gave us a video surveillance system called Ring.  It includes a
doorbell for both the front and back doors, plus a motion detector
floodlight for the back yard.  It sends a message to our iPhones and Apple
watches whenever there is motion in the protected zones.  One can view a
live image of the activity from anyplace where there is wifi or cell
service.

We were at a meeting in Princeton, about 16 miles south of our home, when
we received messages that someone was at our front door.  I left the
meeting, went into the hallway, where I saw that the yard maintenance crew
was ringing our front doorbell.  Later I saw that one of our next-door
neighbors was also ringing the bell.  I called her on my cell phone, and
learned that the lawn maintenance crew had broken one of our irrigation
lines, and water was pouring out all over the yard.  I was able to describe
to her husband where and how to turn off the water supply to the irrigation
system, solving the problem.  This is a very useful device, which I highly
recommend.

In any event, the wind the other day caused the from door system to
activate, giving a nice image of our front yard with fall foliage.  I took
a screen shot to get the image onto my iPhone, so I could download it to my
computer and upload it to Squarespace:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/dans-pesos/2018/11/10/doorbell-view

Obviously, there was no skill or art on my part, but comments are still
invited.

Dan Matyola