On 11/13/2018 17:08, Mark Roberts wrote:
l...@red4est.com wrote:

One thing I can always count on this list for is people bragging about how
crappy their gear is.

When I was a young man we used to have to carve our own tripod legs
out of discarded pallet wood and forge our ball heads from scrap metal
scavenged from the rusted out cars abandoned on the street...

... and it was uphill both ways! Through waist deep snow!!!