On 11/15/2018 08:39, Bruce Walker wrote:
When I began my career in 1978 I worked for one of the then Big Three
word processor companies (AES Data, Canada's answer to Wang and IBM)
and the phrase "paperless office" was widely heard. Paper would soon
be obsolete.

When I wrapped up my full time career in 2010 I worked in the Toronto
office of a San Francisco wireless firm (Soma Networking) and was
located not far from a big honking multi copier/printer (possibly a
Ricoh) that churned out documents all the time. This despite that all
meetings featured a table full of laptops and tablets.

"Paperless office". Pffft. :-)

At least once a week I get something in the mail from someone wanting me to switch to "paperless" record keeping. They can forget it.

If I need to get rid of the paper I have a good shredder. Until it's time to shred them, I've got records of my transactions.

PS: I can make pulp from the shredded bills & form them into bricks or logs that after drying burn quite nicely in my woodstove.