I know all too well, I have a couple of lenses that need parts made out of unobtainium, a rare and nearly impossible to find material.

On 12/10/2018 4:09 PM, John wrote:
That strategy doesn't really work for lenses that have gone flaky though. KEH may not have a lens of the same type you need. Your only hope is to find a good repair shop.

Everything I know about KEH suggests their repair service is superior in the same way their rating system for used equipment seems to have become an industry standard.

OTOH, sometimes things are beyond economical repair.

Sucks when that thing is irreplaceable as well (i.e. my Tokina AT-X Pro 28-70/f2.8 in Pentax Kaf mount.).