There are communities in parts of Canada around Hudson's Bay and Alaska where Polar Bears wander down the middle of what you could call Main Street, and there's no accounting for the stupidity of people.  Bears of all kinds are dangerous, hair triggered giant, on a human scale at least, carnivores, who won't hesitate to attack when they feel threatened, or maybe just hungry, and certain people just don't seem to understand that.

Case in point, (Grizzly first cousin to a Polar Bear), http://www.explorenorth.com/videos/grizzly-photographer_killed.html There's no date on this article but I believe it was remarked upon in the PDML back when it happened a number of years ago IIRC, or maybe it was another incident, not really important.

Now there is a distinct possibility that the three photographers took the image from a vehicle that looks like the  one pictured in this article,

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/2017/02/17/polar-bear-spotting-churchill-canada/14872880344228

but, don't discount that there are photographers taking photos of bears, while just wandering around the wilderness.  There may be rules as in Denali to keep at least a quarter mile away from bears, but as I said, people can be unbelievably stupid, and there isn't a Ranger behind every tree to enforce the rules.  Really would you want there to be?