MArk, Matthew,

Thank you both for your interest and help.
I am pleased you also found this gadget intriguing.

First, I must correct a typo for future generations who will look into
this case:
>I've found this tubular thing (9 - 22 cm in length,
It is 9-11 cm in length.

Matthew, your suggestion looks very promising I should say.
The gadget is conceptually similar. It is just smaller.
Also the ends of the tube seems to be designed for human eyes
(consideration of viewing point).
The image is just a band of rainbow.
It may well be an "off axis guider" for another system.
Perhaps, a microscope!
I will look into this and if I find anything to satisfy our curiosity,
I'll share it.

Thanks again,

Bulent

http://patoloji.gen.tr