Sorry to hear that, Alan.  They truly become special companions that are difficult to lose.

-p

On 5/4/2019 11:30 AM, Alan C wrote:
A sad day today. My 13 year old trusty companion succumbed to a virus which hit his liver & kidneys. He fought hard till the end. Phoenix was rescued from the Phalaborwa rubbish dump where he had been abandoned as a puppy. It took some months to nurse him back to health. He has been my walking mate for 12 years - we walked over 6000Km together. An image of Phoenix a few years back:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/33895607268/

Alan C

--
Paul Sorenson
Studio1941

Sooner or later "different" scares people.