Am 07.05.19 um 19:40 schrieb John:

The biggest drawback is I don't think you can buy one here in North
Carolina (or anywhere else in the U.S.)

Should have something to do with the safety offered by these
contraptions. They look really nasty after the slightest accident and so
do their drivers and passengers. They'd never get through U.S. safety
checks.

This BTW is how they look inside. All battery powered and joyfully
moving... :-)

http://www.fotoralf.be/temp/D-17-01857.jpg

To round things off, a joke from the olden days of the German Democratic
Republic:

A rich American has heard that they build a car called the Trabant,
there, that you'll have to wait for up to 15 years once you've ordered
one, so he guesses this must be something very special. He puts an order
with a cheque over 100,000 bucks in an envelope and mails it to East
Berlin.

The communists are mighty impressed, take a Trabant out of the current
production at once, put it into a big crate, and ship it to America.

On arrival, our guy calls all his friends to come over and have a look:
"Not only have they accepted my order, they've already sent me a scale
model until the real one will be ready. It even has a little engine and
I can drive it around the garden!"

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com