I'm afraid that software these days makes me wish it had Unix man pages.  I
will give Apple props that the terminal shell is still there man pages and all.

When I got my first iMac I found the missing manual book to be indispensable. I
don't know what I'd do these days if I had a problem and my network connection
was down.