On 6/10/2019 23:27:41, Larry Colen wrote:

John wrote on 6/10/19 8:15 PM:
On 6/9/2019 22:04:16, Larry Colen wrote:

Mark Roberts wrote on 6/9/19 6:30 PM:

The official Apple web site began its instructions on moving JPEGs
with instructions to install iTunes on the desktop computer. And it
shouldn't take ANY learning or "an app or two" to accomplish such a
simple task.

You'd think they'd provide something intuitive like a terminal window and scp.

Or maybe "Man" pages?

As I said elsewhere, from within the terminal, you have access to both apropos and man, so at least the documentation in the terminal is up to Unix standards. If you consider that damning with faint praise, you are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

My knowledge of Unix/Linux is rudimentary at best. About 30 years ago I worked for a security company (fire and burglar alarms) that dumped a host based system on me to configure for a major national a client at one of their regional distribution centers.

I got about an hour of the vendor's representative showing me how to "program" it before he looks at his watch and says "Oh, I gotta' catch a plane to Cleveland. Good luck!" and disappears out the door leaving me holding the bag.

I'm pretty sure the box it all ran on was a DEC MicroVAX 2000. I do remember the "terminals" were DEC, a VT420 connected directly to the host and a pair of remote VT200s down at the guard shack..

The two things I managed to latch on to during his instruction were how to call up man pages for the various commands on the host terminal and how to redirect the output to the line printer.

That was my training in UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems.