Thanks Igor for this poetic contribution to my picture.

I much like Ken's  Glacier Bay Patterns.

Henk

Op 2019-06-14 om 05:10 schreef Igor PDML-StR:

Sorry, I seldom comment PUG photos; I just enjoy viewing them...

Henk's photo
http://pug.komkon.org/19jun/slides/Terhell-hiding-IMGP2534-3.html
brought up in my mind a poem by Joseph Brodsky "1867" from his poetic set "Mexican Divertimento". Talking about turbulent Mexico in 1867, he wrote (my non-poetic translation from Russian): "... and every skull in bushes has three eyes...(and a luxuriant tuft of grass growing from each of them)" (referring to a bullet hole as the "3rd eye")

Unfortunately, I don't have the English version of it on hand, so, I don't remember how Brodsky translated this himself.

Igor

PS. I've just found some translation by Lev Loseff and Barry Scherr:
... Especially here, in the tropics, where death, alas,
Is being spread like infection by flies
or like a well-turned phrase in a cafe,
and where skulls in the bushes always have three eyes,
with a rank tuft of grass in each."