Update after a couple of hours of slaving away.

First of all, I've solved the banding issue - undoubtedly a little war between
the printer and CS6. Probably me - I may have forgotten to turn off a colour
management switch so there was a clash between the printer managing the
colours and Photoshop.

I've done some test prints and all looking good. I've changed my standard
resizing to 360ppi, also.

Meanwhile I've found this very good web site for Photoshop and Lightroom
printing. Lots of info might be useful to someone. This is the page that
related to me, use the navigation at left to find your own issues.

Scroll down at bottom for printing links to Epson and Canon from both Mac and
PC.

<https://www.colourphil.co.uk/photoshop-cs6-print.shtml>

Thanks to all who responded - once again the PDML collective reaches parts
others have simply never even heard of !

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    UK Shoot / Edit and