Stan, she was trying to kiss you! :)
And with Bills friend it was a french kiss that went too far... ;)

Cheers,

Igor

PS. I've been using those wasp spray cans, and I've seen some advice of using a solution of the dish soap in water with a spray pump. The key I've learnt is to do that at night, when you can be sure all wasps are in the nest. Otherwise you are risking to end up with an extremely disturbed wasp(s).