Rick - I'm gettting PAGE NOT FOUND
ann

On 10/15/2019 7:15 PM, Rick Womer wrote:
In Cordoba, Spain, construction of the Great Mosque began in 784, and continued
for 200 years. When the Christians took over in 1236, they began building
chapels in the sahn (courtyard), and turned the minaret into a bell tower. In
the 1500s the sahn was converted into the nave of a cathedral.

I think the prayer halls (this small gallery) are the most affecting religious
structure I have seen.

I plan a second small gallery of the transition from the Islamic to the
Christian parts of the building; and then a final one of the cathedral.

Enjoy!

/organize/Spain-2019/Cordoba-Mosque-Cathedral/Cordoba-Monastery-Cathedral

(The “monastery" in the link is a late-night goof that Smugmug refuses to let
go of.)

Comments appreciated!

Rick

--