PÄşl Audun Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>But the Dynaxx 7 is regarded as a failure according to the Wall Street
>Journal. Minolta is loosing millions on it. I believe the SSM lenses are
>just consolidation to prevent loosing even more customers.

I don't know anything about foreign market, but in Poland the Dynaxx 7 is very well.
One can buy it for about $675, while prices of the MZ-S don't go below $925. In
addition, Polish Pentax dealers suck... I know a guy, who wanted to buy a new,
advanced camera. He went to the first presentation of the MZ-S in Poland and after
listening to the presenter, decided to buy the EOS33...

>No, it doesn't mean retirement. It means not making cameras like Nikon did
>8 years ago. How many F5's are sold these days? Nikon are worried. The big
>8-10fps 35mm slr's are loosing out for digital. If Pentax wanted to make
>such a beast they should have done it by '96 or '97 at the latest.
>
>PÄşl

Perhaps I misunderstood your statement:"connoisseur stuff". Actually, I must agree
with your explanation - Pentax SHOULD HAVE done it before. That's what I meant by
upgrading the Z-1p and supporting it with a large and proper marketing campaign... But
perhaps a camera of modular construction, that would allow its users to switch between
digital and film backs, viewfinders, boosters, data backs etc, would restore Pentax
presence in the "professional" segment of the market.
Gee - you all really dislike the word "professional". I cannot understand it, but
anyway...
Greetz
Artur