Wendy wrote

>Ended up buying a brand new Minolta outfit. Saw no reason to remain with
>Pentax at the
>time, even though the ZX-50, 10 and 5 were available at that point.

The Z-1(p) was perceived as too similar to the competition, mainly Nikon
and Canon. When the ones who wanted to switch to AF and buy three new AF
lenses, they figured out that they could just as well buy a Nikon or a
Canon (or a Minolta) since Pentax basically didn't offer anything those
companies couldn't offer. And lets face it, Nikon and Canon offer better
brand recognition and more accessories (at that point).

>The MZ-S brought me back though.
>The limited lenses are keeping me there.

This is exactly what Pentax needs to do: make products that set them apart
from the competition. Not products that's indistinguishable from the
competition. Products like the Limited lenses also helps to boost Pentax
brand name.

Pål