Larry wrote:

> > On Feb 5, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.walker at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Two shots that I consider to be personal bests. The first is from 2
> > weeks ago and the second is from the middle of December, 2019.
> As well you might.
> >
> > might as well jump
> > https://portfolio.brucemwalker.com/index/I0000l3.o3EjAXlU
> That is definitely one of your best.
> >
> > nude study with Phylactere
> > https://portfolio.brucemwalker.com/index/I00009Ve8hGlONT0
> Very nice.  I’m curious whether you also processed it as a black and white.
> Also, a question about your composition choice.  On the left, bottom and
> right, there is a very similar amount of space between the edge of the
> frame and the edge of Pylactere, yet at the top about a third of the frame
> is simply background.  Why the large open space rather than something
> closer to a 4x5 crop with much less empty space?

I considered b&w but for me colour is a very important part of the
composition.

The negative space above? I was just feeling it. :-) I have been studying
Arnold Newman and designers like Paul Rand and trying to get a better feel
for a wider PoV and including more background. This shot just suggested to
me to open it up more and leave space above. My tendency has always been to
crowd the subject in the frame; I'm pushing back against that.

Thank you, Larry.

--
-bmw