My go-to utensil for chili, soups, braising and bread is an enameled cast iron dutch oven.  The enameled is the best choice when cooking something acidic.  I did have one that chipped for no explicable reason, but the company (Lodge) replaced it a no charge.  The enameled cast iron is nice but it never achieves the great non-stick qualities of a well seasoned regular cast iron skillet.

-p