Today I took the digital back off the 907x body and fitted it onto my black
500CM body. At first, I had the Distagon 50mm f/3.5 lens fitted ... The body
had a microprism screen fitted and, wow, was that hard to focus! I switched the
screen to a plain matte fresnel type screen and that was a lot easier. Then I
switched that for a split image screen and with that, all focusing issues with
the Distagon 50mm disappeared.

The CFVII 50c is superb to fit onto a classic Hasselblad 500CM. It
automatically recognizes the camera and just works, no fuss and no funky setup
or cable triggering to deal with. I made a couple of dozen exposures with the
Distagon 50 and several are quite nice.

Then I decided to go for a longer lens test and fitted the Makro-Planar 120mm
f/4 to the body, and switched the plain ground glass screen back into place.
WOW! Totally different feel to this lens ... The image snaps in and out of
focus on the focusing screen with alacrity, the test exposures are instantly
beautiful. This particular matte fresnel focusing screen has guidelines for
SuperSlide format on it, which turns out to be just about an exact match to
what the sensor when cropped square will see.

I made several really nice test shots with this setup, but I have to say this
abstract of my Brompton bicycle just hits the numbers for me.

  https://flic.kr/p/2iCZV43

The 907x/CFVII 50c is such a great kit, and the back is similarly a great kit
if you have a 500CM as well!

Oh yes: This is the shooting configuration of the camera.

  https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49645486953_581b9a71fe_h.jpg

It's a beautiful thing to see a 1978 camera made completely relevant and useful
again in the digital age!

enjoy,
—
No matter where you go, there you are.