> On 25 March 2020 at 01:58 Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 3/24/2020 3:10 PM, mike wilson wrote:

> >> It's probably just a matter of "well, we were planning to paint the
> >> living room anyway and now we find ourselves with a lot of free
> >> time..." It's literally what I'd be doing now if Lisa had ordered the
> >> paint color she wanted in time. (Too late now so I'm off the hook!)
> >
> > Painting would be good.  So far, have project managed the building of a
> > garden office, remodelled the garden and, if the manufacturers had not
> > refused to deliver the new sliding doors, I would be in the middle of
> > chopping a lump out of the back of the house to fit them.  I might yet be
> > reroofing the conservatory.  And I'm still at work....
> >

> The point is, if you don't need to go out in public, don't go out.
> Our paint guys had 400 transactions on Saturday in a 10 hour shopping
> day, and the numbers indicated that virtually every one involved mixing
> paint for people.
> Sorry, but home decorating is not an emergency, no matter how bored you
> are.

On the other side of the coin, we are nearly all going to get this at some
point.  Maybe it's better to get it sooner rather than later for those who are
likely to suffer excessively.  That, or much, much later.  Our stuff was
planned long before the present emergency and mostly completed before the
present regulations were enacted.

My own view is that we should have had this legislation in place the moment
China went into lockdown.  People would have then had time to properly apply
the regulations by the time they needed to be effective.  Our present,
rearguard, action is going to be totally ineffective.  I haven't seen a single
government be able to take an off-the-shelf emergency plan and implement it,
which is part of what I thought we paid them for.