On 3/25/2020 8:42 PM, d...@dougbrewerphoto.com wrote:
Has it been 21 years? Holy smoke. Still, when you get it right...

Heresy alert: Don't read past this if you are faint of heart our have other underlying conditions.

The 77 is a good lens, on film with the AF that we had at the time it was a very good lens, maybe even a great lens, but that was then, this is now. Today, the 77 is a dated design with slow AF gearing that is prone to all sorts of fringing. Yeah, it's under corrected spherical aberration gives it nice bokeh and a great deal of three dimensional effect, but to just toss off "when you get it right" says a lot more than the lens delivers. It's not all hat, no cattle, but it's herd is not as big as people make it out to be.

bill