Bill Peifer writes:

>But getting into the water with a charged high-voltage capacitor (like the
>one in your AF280T)?  You're a braver man than I.  I've been zapped a time
>or two by high-voltage caps on dry land.  Getting a zap with wet hands would
>no doubt be quite an experience.  Might cause one to drop his LX, winder,
>and A85/1.4 right into the pool!  ;-)

YE GODS. It completely went out of my puny brain that there are indeed
high voltages inside the flash! Honest, I never gave it a thought. If I
had, I think I would not have used the flash! In fact, thinking about it
now, that's the last time I will use the flash in that situation. I think
I have done it twice before. Thanks for smacking me on the head with that
one, Bill.

Also, thanks very much for your kind words. I shot about half a roll of
Delta 400 on them, and it was the very last one on the film. Back in 1978
when I was 18 and a student, I wish I had the confidence then that I have
now with people. It would be interesting to peek into a parallel universe
and see how I was doing...

Cheers,

Cotty