Bill, I like your use of HDR here -- I see you have done quite a bit of redecorating since I visited in 2005 :-)

Har!,
ann

On 5/4/2020 3:58 PM, Bill wrote:
On 5/4/2020 1:31 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I agree. HDR is a tool that enables artistic expression. Just as a painter can resort to a pallet knife in lieu of a brush, a photographer can employ different tools to achieve an effect. I like the shot you singled out.

It's important to make a distinction between HDR, which is merely a method of capturing a scene that has a longer range than the sensor can handle, and tone mapping, which seems to be done so often in combination with HDR that the two are often treated as two parts of the same whole. This is an HDR image that I did when I was using the decidedly short range K7:

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/HDRSample.html

K7, 12-24 lens at f/11, 8 exposures.

--
ann sanfedele photography