On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Rob Studdert wrote:

> I was reviewing a set of 35mm B&W negs that I just cut a sleeved and
> on one frame I noticed a strange aberration. The left hand side of the
> image has a distinct double exposure effect there are two copies of
> the image with a horizontal offset. Looking across the frame the
> difference between the images becomes less until at about 2/3 across
> is disappears completely and the neg appears sharp under a 20x
> magnification.

Since I can't think of any way that the shutter curtains could cause
something like that, I'd say that it has to be camera shake of some sort.
Maybe you jiggled the camera just a tiny, tiny bit, and the moment that
the movement stopped happened to coincide with the 2/3 point in the
exposure.  If that's not the case, I have no idea.

chris