Friday, June 07, 2002, 3:57:33 PM, Chris wrote:
CB> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Rob Studdert wrote:

>> I was reviewing a set of 35mm B&W negs that I just cut a sleeved and
>> on one frame I noticed a strange aberration. The left hand side of the
>> image has a distinct double exposure effect there are two copies of
>> the image with a horizontal offset. Looking across the frame the
>> difference between the images becomes less until at about 2/3 across
>> is disappears completely and the neg appears sharp under a 20x
>> magnification.

CB> Since I can't think of any way that the shutter curtains could cause
CB> something like that, I'd say that it has to be camera shake of some sort.
CB> Maybe you jiggled the camera just a tiny, tiny bit, and the moment that
CB> the movement stopped happened to coincide with the 2/3 point in the
CB> exposure.  If that's not the case, I have no idea.

As it is on only one frame I think it's just wobble of the camera of
some weird sort. The Praktica problem I mentioned would be visible in
more images (and the LX would have to be pretty much destroyed inside
to have similar problems I think, it's after all much much better
designed)

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek