I think the snake is an Eastern Milk Snake Lampropeltis triangulum triangulum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_milk_snake

On 6/28/2020 12:52:52, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
Our pool has been remarkably clean and free from vermin this year, except
for one huge bullfrog that I removed a couple of weeks ago and relocated to
the local river.

For some reason, we have had a string of ugly ane unwanted visitors in the
pool the past couple of weeks.  This may have been provoked by a long very
hot and dry spell, followed by sudden rainfall.  In any event, If anyone
would care to help me identify these alien invaders, it would be greatly
appreciated.

The first is a small, skinny snake, less that one foot long:
http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2020/6/28/snake

The second appears to be some sort of caterpillar, about and inch and a
half long:
http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2020/6/28/mystery

The third defies all description, but is less than an inch long:
http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2020/6/28/blob

All were taken with my K-5 IIs, with the smc FA 100 mm Macro F2.8, hand
held.
Identifications as well as comments and criticisms are invited.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery