>At 15:13 8-6-2002 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>...of the 30 or 35 items I've had shipped up from the US over the
>>last couple of years, maybe 25%have gotten hit, the balance have
>>arrived with no fees whatsoever. frank
>
>My hit rate is nearer 50%. Wendy Beard, Ottawa, Canada

If you don't take insurance, it pays to suggest a low declared value
for your packet.  Most private sellers will help you on this.

Sometimes a $15 or $20 item on eBay is not a bargain for canadians
when you consider insurance, shipping, taxes and the $5 brokerage
cherry on top.

Hit rate for packs valued at 10$ is almost nil in Quebec City (it
happened once last years: I had to pay 8 can$ over a 15 can$ item: I
did it with a smile with such a low hit rate...).

Also, ask the seller to begin its description with the word "USED".
That may be the reason why I have a low hit rate, even under $100.

Andre